personal injury - REPRESENTATIVE CASES
- Presided over a jury trial where a young man was rendered a quadriplegic during a competitive diving demonstration when he struck a synchronized swimmer in the water below the diving board. The case resulted in the largest personal injury jury verdict in Contra Costa County history.
- Extensive knowledge of issues involved in Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) cases, having conducted lengthy jury trials with numerous issues regarding expert testimony and the admissibility of new scientific techniques. Successfully resolved several cases involving these issues.
- A worker fell from scaffolding and suffered traumatic injuries. The case presented significant workplace control and Privette issues that were extensively discussed during the settlement conference, leading to resolution.
- An office employee fell into an open hole in the floor during an office remodel. In reaching settlement, distinct efforts were made to persuade the employee’s Workers Compensation carrier to significantly reduce the lien claim due to employer negligence.
- Plaintiff suffered serious injuries during a fight at a local athletic event. In reaching settlement, a great deal of time and effort were spent on establishing a rapport with Plaintiff so that she could accept the degree of her comparative fault.